Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Wedding bells...

...will be ringing soon to herald the end of the bachelorhood of your's truly. Well, only figuratively, since its a Hindu wedding and not a Christian one. The only real bells ringing that day will be those in my head when some long-forgotten face walks up to wish me and my bride. Then there will be those faces that won't ring a bell at all. And those will inevitably be the ones that will start off the conversation with "Remember me?" causing me to respond with my "Of-course-I-remember-you-thanks-for-coming-how-are-things-its-been-such-a-long-time" routine.

I do wonder how many people would be able to make it - quite a few probably, considering that the wedding will be on a Saturday. When my mother got me to list down my invitees, the number went beyond the batting averages of Sachin, Sourav, Rahul and Laxman put together. Then there will be the friends and colleagues of my immediate family members, and of course plenty more from the in-laws side. Which means I should probably be able to get away with that white lie for the odd non-ringer...

There is one person though who I sincerely hope I will be able to remember when I see him at the wedding. It is only appropriate that he will be the first person I invite officially and personally, with the invitation card and all, considering his importance on that day. I intend to make the invitation this weekend, the sooner the better, to ensure that he keeps aside some time from his daily schedule to attend my wedding. He might, after all, have several weddings to attend that day. He goes by the title of the marriage registrar...

2 Comments:

Blogger Utpal Deole said...

[:)] Are you crossing days on the calendar until you reach one with a circle?

Nice...keep blogging...
and why does your comments-page come in French??

9:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey kaus...Very Nice:)!! loved it:):)

btw utpi...i m not sure of kaustubh, but I am sure crossing the days in my calender;)

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home